Which LLM?

 I am experimenting with various LLMs. So far, there seems to be a tradeoff between intelligence, speed, and usability. 

Thus far:

- Falcon seems a bit stupid and gives some fake answers, but is reasonably fast.

- LLaMA is reasonably fast, seems quite smart, but refuses to answer research questions on anything remotely controversial, e.g. politicians. I tried asking it about certain fake news stories as well, and it got all sanctimonious and told me to look at reputable sources... er... I assumed you, LLaMA, were a reputable source. Apparently not. In short, it is censored. Meaning it is useless.

- GPT4All is not as good as LLaMa, so far. I can't tell yet if it is censored.

- Others  are either too slow or give stupid answers.

As I try them all out I will list pro/con here.

Popular posts from this blog

Testing ChatGPT on coding - a script to make CSV to ICS

Ollama3 works - running a local LLM

What is a "token" , what is "temperature", and what is "n-shot"?